Recipe by dawnie2u
I made a batch of queso blanco, and decided it needed something to give it some zing. If you cannot find the Crema Mexicana, substitute 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream for the crema and half-and-half. For a change of pace, divide the batch of queso before you add the chipotle, so you have a mild queso and a zippy queso.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 12 ounces chopped green chilies (canned, do not drain them)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the chipotles and place in pot.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a pot over medium heat, stirring to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Cook it until it is melted and ingredients are well blended.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Frito Scoops.
- This is best served in some sort of a fondue pot, or microwave safe bowl, so you can reheat it if necessary.