Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Get smooth and creamy restaurant-style chile con queso at home.
Make and share this Queso Blanco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (veggie, olive, canola, whatever you have)
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced (or serrano, seeds and stem removed)
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional, don't use pre-shredded)
- 1⁄4-2⁄3 cup cream (or half-and-half, or whole milk)
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Cook the onion and pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded cheese and 1/4 cup of the cream. Stir until mostly melted.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with chips, on migas.
- Keep warm in a small crock pot, if desired.