Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this recipe from a magazine while on vacation in Sante Fe, NM. A family favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients, and spoon into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
No doubt this was easy and delicious. I quickly became addicted, although next time I will cut down on the parmesan cheese a bit. It really overpowered the dish. Also, I used mild green chiles, which lacked enough bite for me. Beware, the grease puddles that form on top can be unappealing. If you're like me, that won't bother you, and you're in for a treat.
Very quick, very easy, very tasty! I didn't change a thing. Thanks so much for sharing.
Probably won't make again. Mayo was a bit much and overall flavor was a bit on the bland side. Maybe if I added some jalepeno or chipotle...