I like all Tex-Mex food and especially enjoy queso, I'll have to admit my husband prefers red enchilada sauce to this receipe, but I love it and good for a change.
- Brown crumbled hamburger meat with 1 cup of chopped onion, garlic, when brown add picante sauce to taste, salt& pepper.
- In microwave melt the cheese for sauce with picante sauce, making as mild or hot as you like, can also control the heat by the type of picante sauce you purchase.
- Soften the corn tortillas in hot oil, or if you prefer in a canned enchilada sauce.
- In casserole dish assemble enchiladas---tortilla, meat mixture, chopped onion, grated cheese, either fold in half or roll with seam down.
- Cover with the queso sauce, top with sliced green onions, cover dish with foil and bake aproximately 25-30 minutes, this time may vary, depending on how hot all your ingredients are by the time you assemble the dish.