Recipe by chef#1303
I like all Tex-Mex food and especially enjoy queso, I'll have to admit my husband prefers red enchilada sauce to this receipe, but I love it and good for a change.
Top Review by * Pamela *
Quick and Easy! I made this for freezer tag and you can make this recipe OAMC by making the enchiladas ahead of time and freezing them. Defrost in microwave or overnight in fridge and then make the sauce to go on top. I used recipe#26539 for the picante sauce and it worked very well.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- picante sauce, to taste,i use pace
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb soft melt cheese, i use velveeta
- picante sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown crumbled hamburger meat with 1 cup of chopped onion, garlic, when brown add picante sauce to taste, salt& pepper.
- In microwave melt the cheese for sauce with picante sauce, making as mild or hot as you like, can also control the heat by the type of picante sauce you purchase.
- Soften the corn tortillas in hot oil, or if you prefer in a canned enchilada sauce.
- In casserole dish assemble enchiladas---tortilla, meat mixture, chopped onion, grated cheese, either fold in half or roll with seam down.
- Cover with the queso sauce, top with sliced green onions, cover dish with foil and bake aproximately 25-30 minutes, this time may vary, depending on how hot all your ingredients are by the time you assemble the dish.