Recipe by Bel's Belly
Little cheesy slices with a spicy kick, from Latin America. These are great to dunk in salsa or guacamole. Quick and simple to make, and definitely something a bit different. (I usually cook these in a George Foreman grill. If you use a normal grill, watch it carefully because it can burn very easily.
- 1 large tortilla
- 80 g cheddar cheese, grated (one handful)
- 80 g mozzarella cheese, cubed (one handful)
- 1⁄4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- First, grill the tortilla on one side. If using a Foreman grill, fold the tortilla in half to toast both halves. On a normal grill, spread the tortilla flat and grill until just browned.
- Once toasted, place the cheeses and pepper in the centre of the tortilla on the toasted side.
- Sprinkle on the chili to taste.
- Fold the tortilla in half again, with the non-toasted side now on the outside. Wet your finger and rub round the edge, then press the tortilla firmly to seal it.
- Grill again until browned on both sides and until the cheeses have melted together.
- Cut into two triangles to serve. Good on its own, or dipped in salsas etc.