Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very filling! Make it as hot or mild as you like!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup refried beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- First assemble the pico de gallo, combine the diced tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, diced onions, cilantro, garlic and the lime juice.
- Mix the pico de gallo. Add salt until it tastes the way you like it and then place in fridge.
- Heat a large flat skillet on medium. After it gets hot, place several drops of vegetable oil in the skillet and wipe the entire surface of the pan.
- The pan will be coated with a sheen of oil.
- Place one tortilla into pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over top of tortilla and add the chicken (if using refried beans add these now too).
- When cheese begins to melt fold over the tortilla and allow it to heat for 1 minute more.
- Place on plate and slice into triangles.
- Repeat steps for each tortilla.
- Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream or guacamole.
In a word, YUMMY.I boiled the chicken and shred it,added some fried bacon and viola a great meal.A nice way to kick up quesadillas.You should make these for your loved ones.
this was sooo good, and easy to make also!!
I substituted leftover turkey for the chicken and this was excellent. I didn't use the refried beans as I was out of them, but I did add a few chopped green peppers. The Pico de Gallo is an excellent addition!!!