1/6 Photos of Quesadillas With Guacamole
bluemoon downunder's Note:
From the Australian Women's Weekly's 'Smart Mince'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g beef mince (for Australians) or 16 ounces ground beef (for Americans)
- 35 g taco seasoning mix (generous one ounce)
- 3/4 cup water (180ml)
- 310 g corn kernels, drained (just under 10oz)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (green shallots)
- 10 burrito tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (180g or 6oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick; add the ground mince/mince beef and stir over a high heat, breaking it up as it cooks to ensure that it doesn't stay in large lumps; cook for about 5 minutes or until the beef has browned.
- 2Add the taco seasoning and the water; bring to the boil; reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened; stir in the corn and the green onions.
- 3Guacomole: Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half lengthways; remove the seed and scoop the flesh into a bowl; add the lemon juice and mash the avocado roughly with a fork; cut the tomato in half and squeeze gently to remove the seeds; chop the tomato, then add it to the avocado mixture; season to taste with salt.
- 4Place half the tortillas on a chopping board; spread the beef mixture evenly over the tortillas; sprinkle with cheese; top with remaining tortillas; using a pastry brush, brush the top of the tortillas with the extra oil (or use an oil spray).
- 5Cook the quesadillas in batches in a heated sandwich press until the cheese has melted; or, add the quesadillas to a heated non-stick pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning carefully.
- 6Remove the quesadillas from the sandwich press or pan with a plastic spatula; place on a chopping board and cut into quarters with a sharp knife.
- 7To keep the quesadillas warm while cooking the remainder, place them on an oven tray and place in a 120°C/100°C fan-forced oven/250°F/1/2 gas mark.
- 8Serve the quesadillas with the Guacamole.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quesadillas With Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1253.8
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 1470.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 50.4 g