Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is perfect for a lighter lunch served with fresh green salad or as a finger food at any party.
- 2 pieces chili peppers
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, granted
- 100 g feta cheese
- 16 green olives, without stones
- 6 teaspoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Put cleaned and chopped chilies, mozzarella, feta cheese, olives and coriander into a food processor until you get a creamy texture.
- Put 4 tortillas onto a baking tray and divide the cheese spread evenly onto them.
- Put the other 4 tortillas onto them.
- Blend paprika powder and olive oil and sprinkle over the tortillas.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 220°C for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices each.
Because DH can't eat cheese & DS wasn't going to be home I made some grilled sandwiches & broccoli salad for a light dinner. While DH & DD ate boring tuna, I dined on these delicious quesadillas! :) I had everything on hand, with just a small deviation. I used green olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers instead of green olives & chili peppers & I cut the recipe down to make just two quesadillas (but only made one & stuffed it), then used the panini press to cook it instead of the oven. I loved the blend of flavors. The cilantro (coriander leaves) & olives were very refreshing & balanced the cheeses quite nicely. Thanks for sharing, Iceland! :) Made for Ramadan tag game.