Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe for Quesadillas comes from The Pampered Chef Classics (favorite recipes from the Pampered Chef Test Kitchens) I used to work for them and this was one of the recipes I made frequently in our home. You can add cooked chicken for a whole meal! You can also just make for a quick snack or appetizer.
- 1⁄3 cup olive, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup salsa or 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked chicken (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (additional optional to serve with) or picante sauce (additional optional to serve with)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine olives, cheese, salsa (or picante sauce), cilantro, green onions, and (optional) cooked chicken, mix well.
- Place 4 tortillas on a baking sheet (or large round stone) Divide the cheese mixture evenly among tortillas and spread.
- Top each tortilla with second tortilla pressing down firmly, spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges.
- Serve with additional salsa (or picante) or sour cream if desired.
Fabulous! We loved this recipe - I used the optional cooked chicken and also topped it with creme fraiche and salsa sauce, as well as jalapeno peppers too! I can not get Monterey Jack cheese, so I used grated Emmenthal cheese instead - these were LOVELY! Made for photo tag - thanks PVW! FT:-)