Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the spicey food lovers who enjoy mexican foods.
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- egg wash or toothpick
- 4 avocados
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapenos or 2 green chilies, diced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- 1 bottle salsa
- oil (for frying)
- Heat flour tortillas in microwave oven until soft enough to fold without breaking.
- Place about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup grated cheese in the middle of each tortilla and fold in half.
- Seal with either toothpick or egg wash to seal in the cheese.
- (best if you use egg wash, then secure middle outer edge with one toothpick) Fry in hot oil, two quesadillas at a time until puffy and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- Mash avacados, mix in lemon juice,red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalepenos or green chiles, garlic.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 2 tbl guacamole over each quesadilla then dalop with sour cream, salsa and black olives.