I discovered The Pioneer woman earlier this year and am happy that I did. Ree does a tremendous job providing detailed instructions and pictures on how to make all of her recipes. I made these quesadillas last month..and man oh man are they good! I found the key for these quesadillas is cooking the vegetables separately from the shrimp, chopping the shrimp into small pieces, and of course the butter used in the cooking of the assembled quesadilla...use butter...I promise...you won't be sorry you did. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour red sauce over peeled and deveined shrimp, set aside.
- 2Chop vegetables into larges pieces.
- 3Heat skillet over high heat and add olive oil.
- 4Cook vegetables over high heat until they start to get brown/black. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 5Return skillet to high heat, then dump in the shrimp with the red sauce.
- 6Cook, stirring only occasionally, until shrimp is opague. Add in a little water if the sauce gets dry.
- 7Remove from skillet and chop shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- 8In a separate skillet, heat butter. Place tortilla in skillet then layer on ingredients; cheese, vegetables, and shrimp.
- 9Top with a little more cheese and a second tortilla. Cook on both sides, adding butter before flipping to the other side so the tortilla isn't overly dry.
- 10Remove from skillet and slice into wedges.
- 11Eat and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quesadillas De Camarones (Shrimp Quesadillas) - Pioneer Woman
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican red sauce