Recipe by Shari2
I found this in one of my gift cookbooks and thought it looked good. I have not tried it yet but plan to very soon. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to cook.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
This was great! Very easy to put together. I used a can of fat free refried beans & mixed in 1/3 cup taco sauce. I also used whole wheat tortillas & only 1 cup red fat monterery jack cheese. I cooked 8 oz lean ground turkey & added 1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix. I layered the casserole as written except I added a layer of meat on top of the bean layer. So it was quite a meaty casserole, but we love meat! Very easy to cut, too (was afraid it would all come apart!). Thank you for sharing!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spray 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1 tortilla in sprayed pan.
- Spread 1/4 of bean mixture on tortilla.
- Repeat with next tortilla and bean mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on bean mixture.
- Place next tortilla and 1/4 of bean mixture on top.
- Repeat with next tortilla and rest of bean mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is bubbly.