Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
We love these and make them for brunch or sometimes dinner.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 1 lb bulk sausage, fried and drained
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil, fried with onions and peppers
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded-or more if you are a cheezy person
- sour cream
- Lay out 6 tortillas on 2 cookie sheets.
- Evenly distribute the scrambled eggs, then sausage, the fried onion/pepper mixture, cheese and top with remaining tortillas.
- Bake in a hot oven-450 is good, for 5 minutes-you want the tortillas crisp and the cheese all melty.
- Remove and plate up with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
My parents were visiting and I made this for brunch. Wow!! we thought it was incredible. Thanks so much for the great idea.
Great recipe! I had unexpected company fro Brunch/Lunch and made these. I used chicken breast shredded Mmm. This is a keeper Diana
Big WOW!! I made this for supper the other night and I had a huge hit on my hands. I chopped the onion and bell pepper, then sauteed in a little oil. Also added a little creole seasoning to the eggs. Fantastic. We all loved it. Thanks Diana.