Recipe by Barb G.
We enjoy these Quesadillas. I use to make them for the kids I had in daycare(no green-chilies)they loved them. I would sometimes add black or refried beans to them.
Top Review by rom1229
Barb, this is a great recipe. I have made quesadillas off of other recipes and have always loved the different ways of making them. The last couple times I made quesadillas, I used Supremo's Queso Chihuahua cheese. A friend of mine recommended their Queso Fresco and after being impressed by that I tried their Chihuahua cheese. Definitely recommend trying this cheese. Perfect melting cheese! And might I say very tasty!! Thanks NVirginian for recommending the chopped tomato!
- 1 cup shredded mexican chihuahua cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion
- 1 -3 tablespoon canned chopped chile (to taste)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- chunky salsa, for topping or dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cheese, green onion, and chilies: set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle it with one-fourth of the cheese mixture.
- When the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute, fold in half.
- Continue cooking until lightly brown on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to cutting board, Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into wedges with a knife or pizza cutter and serve immediately with salsa.