Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from our local newspaper, and my family love them. A great appetizer or party food!
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- Place four tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top each with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon (if using), peppers and onion to within 1/2" of edges.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Broil six to eight inches from heat for two minutes; turn over and broil an additional one to two minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- If desired, serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.