Recipe by 883329
in place of the bacon or sausafe, add some chopped cooked chicken or vegetables
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
This was a delicious easy to make Quesadilla recipe. I did sub out the green chili peppers for yellow bell pepper plus I used the precooked chicken as the chef suggested in the description. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag 2009.
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese (8oz)
- 6 tortillas
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (2)
- 3 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumped or 1⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese over half of each tortilla. Top with chili peppers, green onions and bacon or sausage. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
- in a 10 inch skillet cook quesadillas, 2 at a time, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or till lightly browned, turned once. Remove quesadillas from skillet; place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300 oven. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. to serve, cut quesadillas with wedges. If desired, serve with salsa. makes 6 appetizer serving.
- 280 cal 16g total fat 1 g sat fat.