Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can also add meat to these and make in a quesadilla maker, if you have one.
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread beans evenly over one tortilla on baking sheet.
- Cook the filling in a medium skillet, heat oil; saute tomato and garlic w/ cumin, pepper and salt until soft (about 4 mins.).
- Spread on top of beans and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place second tortilla over filled one and bake in oven until golden, 10-15 minutes, taking care not to let the edges burn.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Let cool and serve w/ sour cream for dipping.