Top Review by Karen From Colorado
Alicia and I had these for lunch. I used a mixture of both cheddar and jack cheese and added some shredded chicken lightly sprinkled with cumin and chili powder. These were great! Thanks Miller
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salsa or green chili salsa
- slivered or sliced olive
- sour cream
- jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To pan fry tortillas, sprinkle 3 of the tortillas with cheese and peppers.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Brush a large skillet or griddle with oil.
- Heat skillet or griddle till a drop of water sizzles.
- Cook quesadillas, one at a time, over medium heat about 4 minutes (total) or till cheese is melted and tortillas are light brown, turning once.
- To bake quesadillas, brush one side of the 3 tortillas with some oil.
- Place tortillas, oiled side down, on a baking sheet.
- Top with cheese, peppers, and remaining tortillas, and brush with remaining oil.
- Bake at 450F for 6 minutes, or until light brown.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in thirds, and top with sour cream, salsa, olives and jalapeno peppers, if desired.