Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salsa or green chili salsa
- slivered or sliced olive
- sour cream
- jalapeno pepper
- To pan fry tortillas, sprinkle 3 of the tortillas with cheese and peppers.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Brush a large skillet or griddle with oil.
- Heat skillet or griddle till a drop of water sizzles.
- Cook quesadillas, one at a time, over medium heat about 4 minutes (total) or till cheese is melted and tortillas are light brown, turning once.
- To bake quesadillas, brush one side of the 3 tortillas with some oil.
- Place tortillas, oiled side down, on a baking sheet.
- Top with cheese, peppers, and remaining tortillas, and brush with remaining oil.
- Bake at 450F for 6 minutes, or until light brown.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in thirds, and top with sour cream, salsa, olives and jalapeno peppers, if desired.
Alicia and I had these for lunch. I used a mixture of both cheddar and jack cheese and added some shredded chicken lightly sprinkled with cumin and chili powder. These were great! Thanks Miller
This quesadilla is simple to prepare and very tasty! You can't go wrong with melted cheese and diced green chiles. Yum! Served with leftover Spanish Rice, pinto beans, diced green onions, cilantro, avocado, and salsa. Thanks!