Recipe by ShortyBond
I got this from a Wal-Mart recipe card.
Top Review by breezermom
This is a quick and easy fix! I garnished with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. I think the wedges are so much better with the garnishes. I baked mine in the oven, but think they would be better in the skillet. I used roast beef, and would like to try this with grilled chicken....think that would really enhance the wedges. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shaved deli roast beef or 1⁄2 lb roasted deli chicken, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chilies or 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place 4 tortillas on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese evenly on each tortilla. Top evenly with beef, jalepenos, olives and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas. Brush with olive oil. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until hot and cheese melts. Or, if desired, spray quesadillas with nonstick cooking spray and brown in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Or, if desired, broil 4-6" from heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.