This is a more modern twist on the traditional quesadilla. Instead of it being a flat pizza like food, I've taken them and made them more like a "pizza roll." If you're looking for something different
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (or monterey jack cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 veggie burgers (i used morning star slicy black bean burgers)
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning (i used taco seasoning) or 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning (i used taco seasoning)
- 10 tortillas (for more authentic flavor, i used a jalapano cheddar tortilla)
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers (finely chopped) or 2 tablespoons green bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 cups lettuce leaves (oprional)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted for basting tortillas)
- toothpick (for pinning tortillas together)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- break uncooked burgers into small bite size pieces.
- in a medium bowl toss together burger bits, salsa, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and seasoning.
- take tortillas and cut them into 6 pieces (as if cutting it like a pizza or pie).
- place about 2 tablespoons of burger mixture into the center of tortilla slices.
- fold corners of the tortilla so that they overlap one another and pin closed with a tooth pick.
- place triangle onto baking sheet with toothpick side up.
- take the melted butter and brush over each individual triangle.
- bake at 375 degrees for 9 - 12 minutes, or until golden bown on top.
- arrange triangles over lettuce and sprinkle bel peppers and cheese on top for looks.
- serve and enjoy!
- **Note: to thaw, place in microwave and cook for 30 seconds.