Recipe by julielenore
Yummy vegetarian dinner that everyone in my family enjoys. You can use more tortillas or less cheese if you want, but this is how my family likes it. We don't own a springform pan, so I just make it in a casserole dish.
Top Review by KeeperAtHome
I only used one onion and added about 1/4 cup of taco seasoning to the bean mixture. I also recuced the amount of water to a few tablespoons, was worried it would be too soggy otherwise. Prepared for My 3 Chefs event, Fall '08
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (10 inch) tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions until softened (about 5 min).
- Drain and rinse beans, add to pan. Add water and pepper; cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until beans are heated through and water is absorbed.
- Let cool slightly.
- Set 1/4 cup of the cheese aside.
- Place 1 of the tortillas in a 10" springform pan. Spread with 1/3 of the black bean mixture, 1/3 the salsa and 1/3 the cheese.
- Repeat layers twice. Cut the remaining tortilla into 8 wedges and arrange in original round shape on top. brush with oil and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until crisp and golden, cheese is melted and beans are heated through. Let cool slightly before cutting.