Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
southwest style burger in a quesadilla which I was inspired to create after having something similar at Applebee's.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups salsa or 2 cups picante sauce
- 2 cups mexican cheese
- lettuce, if desired
- sour cream (optional)
- Combine 1st five ingredients into 8 patties or to your liking. Refrigerate to firm up before cooking.
- I used George foreman grill and cooked 8 minutes or grill till cooked thru.
- Place burger on flour tortilla and add toppings; salsa, cheese, lettuce with the quantity you desire. Fold up and cook like a quesadilla. Heat oil in skillet and cook till golden and turn to cook other side.
- Use extra salsa, sour cream if desired when serving.
- Ingredient quantities may vary based on patty size and tortilla size you desire to have but play around with this as it tastes great.
We will make these again, but leave out the Cumin. I only used 1/4 tsp and it was still to strong for us. To be fair we are not a cumin family!!
I second Scarlett516's review - these WERE fantastic! I grilled my burgers outside on the BBQ, omitted the green chilis because I was using a hot salsa and didn't want to overpower the hamburger with heat. I used medium cheddar cheese. I subbed organic sprouted corn tortillas for the flour tortillas. SO GOOD! Made for the Groovy GastroGnomes on the ZWT5.
These were fantastic!! I used picante sauce and I diced some jalapeno peppers instead of using canned peppers. My Mexican cheese blend had Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheeses. Made for my teammate on Mexican/Tex-Mex ZWT5: Epicurean Queens.