Recipe by jellyko
southwest style burger in a quesadilla which I was inspired to create after having something similar at Applebee's.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups salsa or 2 cups picante sauce
- 2 cups mexican cheese
- lettuce, if desired
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st five ingredients into 8 patties or to your liking. Refrigerate to firm up before cooking.
- I used George foreman grill and cooked 8 minutes or grill till cooked thru.
- Place burger on flour tortilla and add toppings; salsa, cheese, lettuce with the quantity you desire. Fold up and cook like a quesadilla. Heat oil in skillet and cook till golden and turn to cook other side.
- Use extra salsa, sour cream if desired when serving.
- Ingredient quantities may vary based on patty size and tortilla size you desire to have but play around with this as it tastes great.