The Kissing Cook's Note:
This recipe was taken from the 1999 Pillsbury Bake-Off finalists. It was on the inside of the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts Box. Kids will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2/3 cup old el paso thick n chunky salsa (optional) or 2/3 cup picante sauce, if desired (optional)
- 1Prepare pie crust according to package directions for two-crust pie using 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9 inch pie pan.
- 2Place oven rack at lowest position. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 3In medium skillet, cook and stir onions in margarine until tender. Reserve 1 Tablespoon each chopped tomato and sliced olives; stir remaining tomato, olives, garlic powder or garlic salt, cumin, pepper and chilies into cooked onion.
- 4In small bowl, combine eggs and hot pepper sauce; beat well. Reserve 2 teaspoons egg mixture. Stir 1/2 cup each of the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese into eggs.
- 5Sprinkle remaing cheeses over bottom of crust lined pan. Spoon onion mixture evenly over cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over onion mixture; spread to cover. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in top crust in decorative design. Brush with reserved egg mixture.
- 6Bake at 375°F on lowest oven rack for 45 - 55 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes; remove sides of pan. Serve with sour cream, salsa and reserved tomatoes and olives.
- 7Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quesadilla Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.1
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 898.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.9 g