Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Real Simple.
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (or red)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 32 inches flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese, plus 1/4 cup for the top
- 3 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and cream. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch springform pan.
- Top with 1 tortilla and a third each of the cheese, chicken, onion, and zucchini. Repeat twice to form a total of 3 layers. Top with the remaining tortilla, sauce mixture, and cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Slice into wedges and serve with the salsa, avocado, and cilantro.