Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The classic Quesadilla de Queso is a cake with a cheese cake flavor; and made with rice flour, yeast, cream cheese and other ingredients; and topped with sesame seeds. It's delicious but time consuming to make. So, this quick bread which tastes about the same, has become popular with cooks in our local Salvadorian community. The recipe was given to me several years ago by a friend from Salvador. It's a good snack bread for a coffee break; or a good dessert topped with berries.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (or melted butter)
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar and butter and beat.
- Mix in the cottage cheese, sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add the baking mix and beat well to mix.
- Prepare a 9" by 13" pan (butter or use a quick release spray) and add the batter to the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes; change temperature to 325 degrees F; and bake 30 minutes more.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.