1 hr 20 mins
lynnski / LA's Note:
The classic Quesadilla de Queso is a cake with a cheese cake flavor; and made with rice flour, yeast, cream cheese and other ingredients; and topped with sesame seeds. It's delicious but time consuming to make. So, this quick bread which tastes about the same, has become popular with cooks in our local Salvadorian community. The recipe was given to me several years ago by a friend from Salvador. It's a good snack bread for a coffee break; or a good dessert topped with berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- 2Add the sugar and butter and beat.
- 3Mix in the cottage cheese, sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- 4Add the baking mix and beat well to mix.
- 5Prepare a 9" by 13" pan (butter or use a quick release spray) and add the batter to the pan.
- 6Bake at 300 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes; change temperature to 325 degrees F; and bake 30 minutes more.
- 7Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quesadilla De Salvador Bread
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g