Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick lunch or dinner. Add a little green salad & you're set. Ooh, and maybe a little guacamole...
- 1 10 inch tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup other firm cheese, grated (like Monterrey Jack)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- Prepare filling,& toss well in a small container.
- Heat a skillet with a slight misting of oil, then wipe pan.
- Put tortilla in pan momentarily, on one side, then other, just to soften.
- Remove tortilla, add filling to one half, fold over, and lay in pan, heat turned down to med-low, for one or 2 minutes on one side, then carefully flip& cook 2 minutes on the other, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with some fresh salsa& a touch of sour cream.
Good recipe. A tip to make this vegan: use rice-cheese. That's what I used and I was shocked at how "real" it tasted.