Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This single serving quesadilla is a snap to make. It is equally as delicious made with cooked chicken, turkey, pork or beef.
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add one tortilla.
- Layer with half the cheddar cheese, all of the chicken and mushrooms and half the monterey jack cheese.
- Top with the second tortilla.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts and bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- Turn over; sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook until bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Made this for lunch today. I followed the recipe as written except that I used Pam for my pan instead of vegetable oil. These were good but I thought they could have used some seasoning, maybe some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Good basic recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2008.