Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Probably the most unique, flavorful, GOURMET, easy to do quesadilla that impresses EVERYONE. Use it for all dinner parties as an appetizer, make as a late night snack, or even wow your kids with this recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion
- Start by caramelizing your onions. Cut entire onion into 1/2 inch slices. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and add onions stirring to coat. Cook slow and low until onions start to get soft, brown, and fragrant (about 15 minutes).
- Cut brie into one inch slices.
- Heat remaining butter in non-stick pan and place one tortilla in the pan over medium heat. Put a large spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes on tortilla and spread around. Place 2-3 slices of brie over potatoes. Add a spoonful of caramelized onions all over and top with another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tortilla is golden brown then flip and cook the other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is warm and melted. Repeat this step with the other tortillas and ingredients.
- Transfer quesadilla to a plate, slice, and serve immediately.
A sweet potato quesadilla...really??? How have I not done this before. It is healthy, rich, and flavorful. I can see it made with a bunch of cheeses but brie made it very tempting. I've been looking at a lot of the recipes on this 5 ingredient fix link but this one actually used great ingredients instead of meat, canned food, and bland ingredients. I might actually attempt this recipe for my daughter. They might not even know it's relatively healthy for her!!!
Wow....I saw quesadilla with sweet potatoes and brie and as a cook I had to try it. It was amazing! Potatoes are not usually part of my diet but using sweet potatoes made me really want to try it because they are pretty good for you. It was gourmet and a nice change to the other recipes using potatoes...hats off to this chef. I have to admit that I was impressed and a little surprised others haven't tried this. Maybe everyone is used to meat and potatoes...but if you are up for a nice change give this recipe a shot!!