Recipe by Crysty M.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Probably the most unique, flavorful, GOURMET, easy to do quesadilla that impresses EVERYONE. Use it for all dinner parties as an appetizer, make as a late night snack, or even wow your kids with this recipe!
Top Review by Dan M.
A sweet potato quesadilla...really??? How have I not done this before. It is healthy, rich, and flavorful. I can see it made with a bunch of cheeses but brie made it very tempting. I've been looking at a lot of the recipes on this 5 ingredient fix link but this one actually used great ingredients instead of meat, canned food, and bland ingredients. I might actually attempt this recipe for my daughter. They might not even know it's relatively healthy for her!!!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by caramelizing your onions. Cut entire onion into 1/2 inch slices. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and add onions stirring to coat. Cook slow and low until onions start to get soft, brown, and fragrant (about 15 minutes).
- Cut brie into one inch slices.
- Heat remaining butter in non-stick pan and place one tortilla in the pan over medium heat. Put a large spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes on tortilla and spread around. Place 2-3 slices of brie over potatoes. Add a spoonful of caramelized onions all over and top with another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tortilla is golden brown then flip and cook the other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is warm and melted. Repeat this step with the other tortillas and ingredients.
- Transfer quesadilla to a plate, slice, and serve immediately.