Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my friend Marilyn. Turkey, shellfish or any white-fleshed fish can be substituted.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches white pepper
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- Soak bread in cream for 30 minutes.
- Push through a sieve.
- Combine with all other ingredients.
- Form into small quenelles using the classic French 2-spoons technique, or simply drop by the half-tablespoon into simmering broth or water.
- Poach lightly in broth or water.