Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 1⁄2 cups angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1 can peaches in juice, sliced, drained, 3 slices reserved for garnish
- to taste mint sprig
- Pour the yogurt into a coffee filter set in a colander over a bowl and let drain for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until well blended.
- Add the drained yogurt and stir to combine. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the jam and sherry.
- Set aside. In a large deep glass bowl, arrange half of the cake cubes.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over them.
- Spoon half the jam mixture over the pudding, and top with half the peaches.
- Repeat layers in the same order with remaining ingredients.
- Granish with the reserved peach slices and mint. For a change, this trifle is also delicious when made with a 15 ounce (425g) package of frozen unsweetened raspberries, sweetened with 1 tbsp granulated sugar, instead of the peaches.
This is a creamy wonderful twist on trifle. Hard to believe that no one's tried this yet! We like this with BOTH the peaches and raspberries.