1/3 Photos of Queens of Quisine Seafood Seasoning and Rub
Enveloping the spectrum of spices used in North Africa and the Middle East, this combination has a spicy-smokey aroma and a bit of bite when eaten. Savory mixed with sweet, this rub can be used on fish and seafood, broiled, baked, stir-fried or grilled. Created to represent our ZWT 6 team in the Wild Card Challenge, I chose a wide variety of spices and brought them together to create a mysterious and delicious combination fit for royalty -- the Queens of Quisine! When testing the recipe, I prepared large wild Key West shrimp and stir-fried them with olive oil. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt (as preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Measure ingredients and combine. Pour into a small air-tight jar.
- 2Keep in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
- 3FOR RUBS:.
- 4Rinse fish and pat flesh dry with paper towels.
- 5Use 1 to 2 tablespoons and rub on all exposed parts of fish (except skin).
- 6Prepare fish as desired.
- 7FOR STIR-FRY or SAUTE:
- 8Add 1-2 teaspoons seasoning to a zip-lock plastic bag or a bowl. Add seafood of choice and shake to coat thoroughly.
- 9Melt butter or heat oil over medium-low heat.
- 10Add shrimp or other seafood to pan.
- 11Cook until done and remove from pan.
- 12FOR GRILLING:.
- 13Add 1-2 teaspoons seasoning to a zip-lock plastic bag or a bowl. Add seafood of choice and shake to coat thoroughly.
- 14Prepare on grill as desired.
- 15TO SERVE:.
- 16Serve with couscous or brown rice, with a green salad or vegetable dish.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queens of Quisine Seafood Seasoning and Rub
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.2
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: