Recipe by Holly Harwig
My mom gave me this recipe, which she got from the Queen Valley, AZ cookbook. Very yummy!
Top Review by Sharon the Rocket
This should really be a 4 1/2 stars. I loved this bread but my husband seemed to think it needed a bit of "something" (man thing, apparently). I might want to try either a little more vanilla or add a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg - not real sure. Of course, hubby suggested adding raisins but again, I loved it! Made for PAC 09
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 3 ripe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Make hollow in center of dry ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs, milk, oil, nuts, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir only until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread in greased and floured 5 x 9 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until brown, at 350 degrees.
- Remove from loaf pan and let cool on rack completely before wrapping.