Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom gave me this recipe, which she got from the Queen Valley, AZ cookbook. Very yummy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 3 ripe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Make hollow in center of dry ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs, milk, oil, nuts, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir only until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread in greased and floured 5 x 9 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until brown, at 350 degrees.
- Remove from loaf pan and let cool on rack completely before wrapping.
This should really be a 4 1/2 stars. I loved this bread but my husband seemed to think it needed a bit of "something" (man thing, apparently). I might want to try either a little more vanilla or add a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg - not real sure. Of course, hubby suggested adding raisins but again, I loved it! Made for PAC 09
Great Banana Bread! I love it and my 1 year old daughter loved it too. I took it out after 50 minutes though and it was not done and stuck it in for another 15 - 20. That seemed to do the trick. Flavor was very good and it was very moist. I did omit the nuts because of my daughter, but I imagine it would be very good with them :-) Thanks for the good recipe!