Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
In Sweden, any dish with equal amounts of raspberries and blueberries is called the queen’s jam.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil.
- Add the berries and bring to a boil again.
- Lower heat and cook slowly about five minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water and stir into the hot liquid.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for about three minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Compote will still be quite liquid but will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour the compote into a heat-proof ceramic serving dish and sprinkle the top with sugar to prevent a skin from forming on the top of the compote.
- Chill several hours.
- Can be made a day ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days.