Recipe by doreen dee
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Hot and yummy Chicken and Ranch fritters. Chicken and Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing go hand in hand together like an old married couple. My grandmother used to make tuna fritters that I enjoyed as a child so the idea came from those days from long ago. I use a cookie scoop and I don't fry too many fritters at once.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, breadcrumbs,Hidden Vally Original Ranch Mix and baking soda. Gently stir in the egg yolks, buttermilk and melted butter, Add chopped chives, shredded chicken and roasted peppers.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, gently fold into the batter. Heat canola oil in a dutch oven or large deep pot to 350*F. Drop batter using a cookie scoop or a well rounded tablespoon into the hot oil. Cook 6 at a time. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown turning once. Drain Fritters on a paper towel.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Mix, Parmesan and Dijon mustard. Serve with hot fritters.