Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A baked sponge coated with raspberry jam and a meringue topping.
- 4 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 ounce butter, softened
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1⁄2 grated a lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 -2 tablespoon raspberry jam
- caster sugar, for sprinkling
- Set oven to 350*F or mark 4.
- Butter a 1 pint pie dish.
- Put the breadcrumbs, butter, 1 oz of the sugar, and the lemon rind into a bowl and mix together.
- Heat the milk in a pan and pour over the breadcrumb mixture.
- Beat the egg yolks and mix into the breadcrumbs. Pour into the pie dish and bake for about 35 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and spread the jam on top of the pudding.
- Reduce the oven to 300*F or Mark 2.
- Whisk the egg whites stiffly and fold in the remaining caster sugar. Pile this meringue on top of the jam layer and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for about another 30 minutes until the meringue is firm and brown on top.
This was great. Definately a keeper. Zaar World Tour 05