Recipe by East Wind Goddess
A light yogurt pie recipe made into tarts--perfect for Valentine's Day, but also a great way to use up those Summer strawberries! Hints of citrus and coconut come across in these low calories tasties. For the crust, try spachcock's Cookie Pie Crust as an alternative to graham cracker crust. You could use strawberry yogurt and skip the Kool Aid, but the strawberry flavor is not as intense, and using plain yogurt with concentrated apple juice allows you to cut back on some of the sugar. The "cooking" time is the chill time.
- 9 graham cracker tart crusts (3-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, defrosted
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages gelatin
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) package Kool-Aid, strawberry flavor
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt, plain lowfat
- 8 strawberries, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the tart crust at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool, then place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Place the apple juice concentrate in a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over it and let the mixture stand for a few minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Heat on low until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk, kool-aid powder, vanilla and the grated lemon rind.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl (you'll be adding the yogurt to this later).
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator or freezer until it has thickened to egg-white consistency.
- With an egg beater or mixer, whip the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the yogurt and strawberries, blending thoroughly.
- Spoon into the tart cups and smooth.
- Chill until firm. Decorate with strawberries.