1/1 Photo of Queen Cake
Baby Kato's Note:
This is the first cake I ever learned how to bake, it's easy to make and tastes great. We've enjoyed this cake for over 25 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate or 1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (or your favorite liqueur)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Cake Mix 1 1/3 cups of sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Melt chocolate pieces.
- 3Blend ground almonds and melted chocolate into butter mixture.
- 4Slowly add Kahlua to mixture.
- 5Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well.
- 6In separate bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form then add remaining 2 tbsp sugar slowly until egg whites stiffen.
- 7Fold egg whites into butter mixture alternating with flour (starting and ending with egg whites).
- 8Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan, lined with parchment or waxed paper and dusted with flour.
- 9Bake in a 350°F oven 40 - 60 minutes. Please check to ensure cake is done.
- 10Cool overnight on a wire rack (do not remove cake from pan).
- 11Next day remove pan and glaze.
- 12Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 13Glaze: Melt chocolate and two ounces of heavy cream in double broiler.
- 14Stir constantly until fully melted and warm BUT NOT HOT.
- 15Whisk in 4 remaining ounces of cream.
- 16Whisking until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 17Stir in butter until melted.
- 18Let cool slightly then glaze cake.
- 19Cake will set in fridge.
- 20*NOTE: If glaze gets too thick, thin by heating on low.
- 21** Edited to change cooking time -- !
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queen Cake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.4
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 9.5 g