Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake is very good! My whole family gets together for dinner at our parent's house every Sunday and I always bring a dessert. This is my sister and brother-in-law's favorite! I got the recipe out of a cookbook I bought on QVC. "Best of the Best from QVC Cookbook". This recipe was submitted by Vivian C. Ferguson. The recipe calls for the chocolate to be shaved , but that's too much work for me. I just grind up the chocolate in my food processor.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box swiss chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I use 1/2 cup of chopped dry roasted peanuts)
- 5 plain milk chocolate candy bars, shaved (or a 7-ounce bar)
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- Sift cake and pudding mixes together.
- In another bowl beat oil, eggs and milk.
- Add to dry mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 3 greased 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-25 minutes.
- FOR THE ICING: Beat together cream cheese & sugars until very creamy.
- Fold nuts and chocolate bar pieces into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Ice layers and top cake.