Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Rich chocolate cake with whipped topping icing. Served at a scrap booking event.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, any brand
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- four 8 ounce Hershey Bars, with (work best if they're frozen first) or four 8 ounce bars without almonds, broken and ground in food processor until finely chopped (work best if they're frozen first)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) container Cool Whip
- For cake, blend all ingredients with a mixer and pour into three 9-inch cake pans that have been well greased and floured. Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- For filling, pour the Hershey bars from the food processor into a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugars. Blend until it's not quite so grainy, for about 2-3 minutes. Fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Blend chopped Hershey bars into the cream cheese mixture. Frost the cake and decorate as desired.
My daughter made this cake for me on my birthday.She followed the directions as prescribed.I'm sure this cake is good.However the 48 ounces of Hershey's candy really sent me into orbit.This recipe gives a new meaning to rich.I'm sure it really calls for 4 to 8 ounces of Hershey candy When my sugar level comes back down sometime in 2012 I'll try this desert again with modifications.