Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is the only fudge I can make. I simply love it. I don't make it too often for obvious reasons. It is just so creamy. I like to pour this in a buttered 13" pan. Makes them thinner but much more of them. Otherwise you can use the regular buttered 9" pan. I have been using this recipe for over 30 years now. Quantity of squares depends on pan size and how big you cut them.
- 709.77 ml dark brown sugar
- 226.79 g butter
- 170.09 g Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 453.59 g icing sugar
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Bring brown sugar and butter over low heat to a boil. Remove from heat and add Carnation milk. Bring back to a boil and boil gently for 5 minutes stirring constantly. (Careful it doesn't spit on you, it will hurt -- personal experience).
- Remove from heat and mix in well the icing sugar.
- Mix in nuts if adding.
- Pour into buttered dish. Using either a 9" pan or 13" pan and let cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
This fudge was very easy to make and set up without a problem. The only recommendations that I have is to a. sift the powdered sugar before adding it to the fudge, as I had a hard time smoothing out the little lumps of sugar, and b. add a lot of nuts to offset the sweetness of the fudge. I enjoyed the taste of this fudge. Thanks for sharing!