Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you've ever visited this wonderful little city in North America, you have seen this listed as an appetizer on the menu. Served on a bed of lettuce perhaps with a sweet fruit ketchup, this lovely creamy, crunchy traditional food of Quebec is a snap to make and will be one you'll serve over and over again.
- In a sauce pan on the stovetop, melt butter and Add flour and milk stirring until creamy over medium heat.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time.
- Stir well.
- Remove from burner.
- Add cheese and seasonings.
- Spread mixture into a 9" x 9" well-greased pan.
- Freeze until stiff enough to cut into squares.
- When ready to serve: Beat egg whites; dip squares in egg and then in breadcrumbs and deep fry until golden.