Recipe by Olha
Sweet with pure maple sugar, cream and butter. Recipe from Loews Le Concorde Hotel. Loews Le Concorde Hotel is situated on a street called the Grand-Alee, which is the city’s main boulevard. Many of the most important historic sites surround the base of the building, Atop Le Concorde is a revolving restaurant called L’Astral. It offers guests some of the more spectacular views of Quebec.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup maple sugar or 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- pie dough, for an 8-inch pie including lattice top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the syrup and butter to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream and milk, stir, add the sugar and flour. Keep stirring and bring to a boil. Lower heat slightly so that the mixture does not boil over, but continue to simmer. Stir and cook until mixture thickens substantially, about 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough. Line an 8-inch pie pan with dough. Pour the filling mixture into the pie shell. Cover with lattice strips. Crimp edges to seal. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown, but do not over bake. Remove pie and cool to room temperature.
- Burt Wolf * Eating Well.