Recipe by FrenchBunny
I love the flavor of Quebec baked beans. They are the best. I got this recipe from my Mother. It tastes better if done in a bean pot, but can be done in a round dutch oven.
- 1 lb dry white bean
- 1 large onion (cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 lb salt pork (Cut into pieces, Remove and discard the hard edge)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain water and refill pot. Boil 10 minutes.
- Skim off foam. Drain beans but Keep water.
- In bean pot or dutch oven put in all ingredients. Add water from beans to cover beans and 1 or 2 more inches above. Keep leftover water for later.
- Stir everything well.
- Cover and put in 225F oven for 8 hours.
- Check on them occasionally to see if more water is needed to keep beans covered so they don't dry out. Near end they don't need to be fully covered. Ready when beans are soft.