1/2 Photos of Que Que (Chilean Coffee Cake)
This is a low, dense coffee cake, with a hint of citrus. I recommend using the lemon extract vs the vanilla called for in the recipe. My cake tends to fall in the center as some of the posters have mentioned. I tried baking in a 9x9 pan and it helped, but still sank a little. If anyone has suggestions, I love to hear them as this really is a delicious coffee cake --Brenda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Add egg mix well.
- 4Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder,alternating with buttermilk.
- 5Add lemon rind, vanilla or lemon extract, and pecans.
- 6Stir to mix.
- 7Pour batter into well buttered, floured loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Check for doneness with toothpick.
- 9Remove from pan and sprinkle with sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Que Que (Chilean Coffee Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g