Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a funky cookbook called "Eating Dangerously" and as you can see the instructions contain a certain amount of attitude...
- 25 g gorgonzola
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 pint light cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- enough ravioli or other pastas, for two people
- Shred all of the cheeses but the;marscarpone and toss them together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt about a 1/2 stick of butter and then pour in the light cream and bring to a boil.
- When the cream is beginning to boil, slowly mix in the marscarpone. After it has melted, slowly add the other cheeses giving them time to melt and blend into the cream.
- The sauce will be ready when all the cheese has been mixed in and it comes to a boil again. If the cheese precipitates out of solution, then cool and add extra mascarpone.
- If you are not an idiot, you should have been making the pasta all along and it should now be ready to serve with the cheese sauce over it. If, at this point, you still need instructions about that sort of thing, pass this book on to someone with half a brain.
- Serves two: a man with a future and a woman without a past.
loved this recipe. It is not to be taken regularly because it will certainly stick to the hips. I found my gorgonzola was way out of date so I used stilton. Magnifique!
Great recipe! I didn't have gorgonzola (which I realized at the last minute) so I used asiago.