Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese Pizza) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to 10-12 inches.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet or seasoned pizza stone.
- Pinch up the dough edges to make thin rim.
- Brush dough with garlic oil and top with red onion.
- Scatter saga blue and mozzarella cheese over dough.
- Mix together the gruyere, parmesan and thyme.
- Sprinkle over.
- Grind black pepper over entire pizza.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately!
The epitome of what a cheese pizza should be! I did have to sub brie for gruyere as I didn't have any on hand, but the result was fantastic. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, Kim!
This was wonderful. I loved the combination of blue cheese and red onion. The other mellower cheeses made a lovely background for the stronger flavors. I made some minor substitutions: I used regular olive oil and sprinkled a bit of granulated garlic on top. I subbed jarlsberg for the gruyere (both are a type of Swiss cheese so this was a great substitution). And I used dried thyme instead of of fresh. This was easy to make, and I am such a cheese addict that I almost always have all those cheeses on hand! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is delicious, especially the red onions and blue cheese which gave it "a bite". I substituted provolone for the gruyere (but it was still Formaggi) and added pepperoni. Definitely a winning combination! Made for the Italy stop on the Zaar World Tour.