Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love beer and tomato juice! I've kicked it up a notch, so adjust the heat to your own preference! ;) :)
- 1 (12 ounce) cold beer, I use Budweiser
- 1⁄4 cup spicy vegetable juice
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash louisiana hot sauce, for the brave
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, 1 drop (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 green onions, for stirrers
- 2 celery ribs, with leafy tops for stirrers
- In small pitcher or martini shaker, slowly pour in beer.
- Slowly/gently stir in tomato juice.
- Stir in 1 drop Worcestershire only if you really, really like it, and a dash of hot sauce if you like it extra hot!
- Add a few ice cubes, and swirl, don't shake!, til chilled.
- Strain and slowly pour into 2 chilled martini glasses. Try not to let it foam.
- Srinkle tops of each with a little celery salt and pepper.
- Place a celery stick and green onion into each glass for "stirrers".
- *Note: I use the V-8 Spicy Hot Tomato/Vegetable juice for this.
WOW! Was I stunned to find this recipe! I thought I had made it up myself! Just goes to show you great minds think alike! I have been drinking this since we rode dirt bikes in the hot desert...truly quenches the thirst.....only a whole beer is to much for this lightweight, so I use equal amounts of beer and juice....about 12 ozs worth. I leave out the extra salt and pepper cause I use my own recipe#116741 for the V-8. Okay, now don't knock it til you try it!