Recipe by flower7
Many years ago while on vacation in Munich, Germany, I stopped in a bakery for a snack. The pastry I had has stayed at the back of my mind for about 10 years now. This is my attempt at re-creating it. It is still kind-of a work in process, so please feel free to add more sugar or lemon juice as you like.
- 8 ounces Quark
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 4 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided (for top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine quark, lemon juice and 3-4 tsp sugar. Taste and adjust juice and sugar to taste if necessary.
- Add egg and stir to combine.
- Unroll crescents and separate into large (roughly) squares (two per package of dough). Pinch together seams as much as possible.
- Measure out about 2 Tablespoons of cheese mixture and place in center of square.
- Take hold of two opposite corners of dough and bring to a point in the center, bringing the other two corners in to meet them, so that you are left with roughly a square filled pastry.
- Sprinkle squares with about 1/2 tsp sugar each and bake for about 14 minutes or until browned and puffed.
- Allow to cool and enjoy at room temperature.
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.